Diabetes Definition: A disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and production of a large amount of urine.
Prevention Steps are as follows.
1. Insulin Resistant Understanding and signs – Insulin resistant is the inability of cells to respond to insulin. It is the beginning of the body not dealing well with sugar. Understand the signs of diabetes so you can intervene at the early stage.
2. Exercise – It doesn’t mean to spend your time in the gym but a half hour walk 6 days in a week is enough to prevent diabetes. In general being more active and keep motivated to do the thing on your own can be helpful.
3. Weight Control – Try to maintain your weight by controlling diet and regular exercise is very useful in preventing diabetes. According to the studies, a weight loss of 7 % of the body weight is helpful to prevent it.
4. Carbohydrate Reduction – Food available in market come with high carbohydrate and the authorities, food making companies and government bodies trying to provide low carbohydrate food to prevent it as most people cant stay away to each such food which is not a healthy diet. One can think this way > if your body is not processing sugar well … cant you stop eating food which turns into sugar.
suggestion – consult dietitian / nutritionist who can give you better diet chart and follow it to prevent diabetes.
5. Glucose Testing – Its strongly considerable to keep glucose testing machine at home and keep testing your blood. based on the test you can decide how to deal with diabetes and determine ways of eating, exercise and substances that helps to stabilize the blood glucose.
Fasting Blood Glucose Test Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
Normal 100 Below 140 Pre-Diabetes 100-125 140-199 Diabetes 126 and above 200 and above
6. Age Factor – Kindly consult a doctor and focus on the following things
Age 45 and above + Over weight – Recommended by American Diabetes Association for glucose screening
Age 45 and above + normal weight – consult doctor and do the needful
Share your concerns with doctor to prevent diabetes and also educate him about your medical history and other useful information which will further help a doctor to choose the best treatment for you.
7. Prevent step- 2 diabetes –
– Get tested for diabetes six to twelve week after your baby is born. – Breastfeeding may lower your child’s risk for type 2 diabetes. – Consult a doctor before being pregnant again in future. – Try to reach pre-pregnancy weight six to twelve months after your baby is born. Studies says even if you cant reach your goal reduction in weight lowers the risk of diabetes
Some useful tips for diabetes prevention steps are as follows
– Keep Meat portions 3 ounces – Snack while cooking and cleaning the kitchen – Take breakfast everyday without forget – Drink more water even a glass of water before meal – Eat slowly – It takes 20 minutes for stomach to send signal to brain that you are full. – Keep records of what you eat in a week that will further help you to manage your diet
The last thing i would like to tell is Honor Your Health as the Most Important Thing.